Saturday, April 5, 2014

A letter to God

By Ehi Ekhator


Dear God, if there is anyone that needed to be punished over this letter to you, it should be Charly Boy as he was the one that started it.


I read his letter to you, though there is no response yet, i realized that i have some questions i needed to inquire myself. Sir, don’t be mad at me, i am just a child who have so many things that puzzle him and need an explanation from his father. will you punish me? I am sure you can spare the rod a little over this.


A lot is happening that got me thinking, God are you really there? are you reading my letter write now? I will appreciate if you don’t ask me to get response through faith, and please tell everyone not to accuse me of blasphemy.


I have started wondering if you are really up there. God what’s your real name? You have so many names than i can remember. Why did you make us speak different languages? Maybe if we all speak one language, there wouldn’t be any problem of tribes. Did we have to be in different religion? Which one among them do you support?


When you said you separated light from darkness, were your referring Nigeria as darkness? How come you gave us so many unreasonable people without conscience? And why are you not doing anything to salvage the situation?


I was told you are a perfect father and how come everything you created is so imperfect? Why are you tempting us when you said we can’t tempt you and yet you made us believe we were made in your image. When they say “God giveth and God taketh”, does that mean you are the one killing fathers and mothers of young children? isn’t that wickedness?


If you had cleansed Adams and Eve in the garden of Eden, the present suffering would have been prevented. Why did you bother to add the tree of death after creating everything good? Why didn’t you stop the devil when he was tempting Eve?


Are Muslims your children too? Did you ask them to kill for you and promise them 21 virgins and cows in heaven? I am so confused and i really need you to talk to me. Did you know that the earth you created would be this bad at this age? If yes why didn’t you do something else? I don’t want to hear God has a purpose for your life, we live in reality now maybe you have no idea how bad it is presently. Sorry for my tune lord, i am so frustrated by the things happening around me, i don’t know where to look or who to call and the worse of all, you never answerd anyone. May i have your mobile number? NO i refused to believe it is true prayer. Good people pray everyday and you answer the bad ones, is that encouraging?


Why did you curse us so much that you had to also place the curse on the unborn children? Where you that hurt that you forgot you are a Merciful or forgiven God? By the way, what you did in Egypt was so heartbreaking. How could you do such a thing by killing every first child and animals knowing that their parents committed the sins? I was blown when i read that part in your book.


Dear God, if my questions are annoying, i beg for your forgiveness, you will agree with me that if you were in my shoes, you would do worse. Remember what Jesus did when he went to Jerusalem and observed the church was being used for trading? He was so pissed and hurt just as i am now.


I don’t know if you have answered Charly boy, but please reply my letter and my curiosity, doubts and worries will subside.



A letter to God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too