Friday, May 23, 2014

"I won"t contest for any political office in 2015" - Governor Imoke

By Ehi Ekhator


The Executive Governor of Cross River State, Mr. Liyel Imoke has declared that he will not take part in any political office, come 2015.


His declaration may have been as a result of the speculation that he is ready to take seat from the present senator, Victor Ndoma-Egba in 2015.


Addressing newsmen in Calabar, he governor also revealed that he will not impose any governor candidate on the people.


He said:  “People are arrogating powers to me that I don’t want. They say they are waiting for me to speak or observing my body language.


“I don’t want to carry another person’s political wish. People say I am looking for someone that would protect me. Am I stupid? Only a fool would look for someone to protect him.


“Wouldn’t it be great if Cross River State gets a good governor? I would not mind if whoever takes over does not even call me until the end of his tenure, so long as the person does what is right for the state.


” The governor said although he was not going to impose anyone, there was still need for discussion among stakeholders about who will emerge as the next governor.



"I won"t contest for any political office in 2015" - Governor Imoke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too