Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tonev targets Villa impact

Aleksandar Tonev has admitted he found it a big step to come to the Premier League but is confident he can be successful at Aston Villa.


Tonev joined Villa last summer following a stint with Lech Poznan in Poland, having started his career at Bulgarian club CSKA Sofia.


He struggled during his first season at Villa Park, failing to claim a single assist or a goal in eight starts and 12 substitute appearances, but feels he will benefit from the experience.


The winger hopes to emulate compatriot Stiliyan Petrov and is determined to work hard to ensure he plays more regularly next season.


“I’m confident I will have more impact next season,” the Bulgaria international told the Birmingham Mail.



Player Profile




24. Aleksandar Tonev


  • Appearances 10 (13)

  • Goals 0

  • Assists 0

  • Yellows 0

  • Reds 0

  • Current Season

“I would like to think I will one day be at Stiliyan Petrov’s level for both Villa and Bulgaria.


“All young players in my country want to be like Stiliyan or Dimitar Berbatov.


“I hoped I would play more but I obviously needed time to adapt.


“But now I feel far more confident. It was difficult when I came here. I was in a new country and had to learn a new language but I’m far more comfortable with everything now.


“Maybe I still need more time but I feel much better. I really enjoy training and I love to play in games. The Premier League is very hard but I feel I have settled in.


“It was a big step to come into the best league in the world after playing in Bulgaria and Poland.”



Tonev targets Villa impact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too