Friday, May 15, 2015

Two Sharia court workers arrested for job scam

Two Sharia Court workers have been arrested for allegedly forging Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps official letterhead papers which they used to scam desperate job seekers.


The suspects, Ibrahim Usman and Shuaibu Yinusa, who worked with the Sharia Court in Gwagwalada, Abuja, had realised N6 million from the many applicants  they scammed.


The suspects, who were paraded in Abuja on Friday, were arrested at Gwagwalada with forged appointment letters and other fake NSCDC documents.


Usman told journalists that he had made about N6 million from the scam, adding that he extorted various amounts of money from applicants.


He said, “I collected various amounts from different people, some paid N20,000, some N50,000. I told interested people in my village that there is a job opportunity and many of them brought money to me.”


But his accomplice, Yinusa, denied involvement in the scam, saying he was arrested because he was at Usman’s house when NSCDC operatives came to arrest him.


“I don’t know anything about this incident, I was arrested because I was at Usman’s house when they came to arrest him,” he stated.



Two Sharia court workers arrested for job scam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too