Monday, October 6, 2014

I did not call Buhari religious fundamentalist - Atiku

By Ehi Ekhator, Naija Center News


A former vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar has debunked a story in a section of the media (Not NAIJA CENTER NEWS) today that he called one of the All Progressives Congress, and a presidential candidate of the party some unpleasant names.


Atiku and Buhari Atiku and Buhari


Some Media earlier reported that Atiku called Buhari a religious fundamentalist, adding that he is corrupt but hiding to deceive Nigerians.


Reacting to what seems like a fabricated story, the former head of state said such report is mischievous and accused the Peoples Democratic Party of orchestrating such propaganda.


Atiku reiterated his stand that he would support anyone who the party elect to run in 2015 general election.


He said “I have read recent reports in newspapers and on social media, calling my fellow APC leader, and statesman, General Buhari a religious fundamentalist. I would like to state categorically that those reports are patently false. The report clearly is a mischievous attempt by obvious political opponents of the APC and the PDP media, seeking to cause discord within the ranks of the party, especially supporters of General Buhari .


“For clarity, I would refer our supporters to the full text of my Sallah statement – General Buhari did not feature in that statement by name or innuendo. I have also recently commended General Buhari’s support of internal democracy in our party, APC.


“My statement in that regard still stands; I am committed to support whichever candidate the delegates of our great party elect to carry the flag of our party into the 2015 presidential elections. General Buhari has committed to do same, and this is where our commitment stands.


“My campaign is committed to a clean race, run on issues and ideas to create a Nigeria for all, we have no reason to change from this path.”



Viewed 1 times
I did not call Buhari religious fundamentalist - Atiku

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too