Friday, July 17, 2015

KANO – Fresh from a week long incarceration, former Governor of Jigawa state, Alhaji Sule Lamido Wednesday declared that he bears no grudge against anyone over his prison experience.


Lamido who made a triumphant entry into Kano on a chattered aircraft 5N—LDM was welcome by thousands of his supporters who scaled the perimeter fence of theVIP section of Malam Aminu Kano International Airport.


The self style Talakawa apostle whose chattered flight touched ground by 1.26pm in company of his two sons, Aminu and Mustapha, relatives and retinue of aides walked into a chaotic reception by supporters that turned the security area into a carnival.


Chants of ‘Sai Lamido’ Sai Lamido, Sai PDP’ charged the serene atmosphere for half an hour before the 69-year old Jigawa born politician sneaked into a waiting SUV on a journey to his NNDC palatial residence in company of over 2,000 cars.


Briefing newsmen in his home, Lamido said that he was a veteran of incarceration, pointing out that there was nothing new in it.


“I’m not new to detention facility, it’s all part of the struggle for life. If the purpose is to humiliate, deconstruct me and my family, well that is thehazard of occupying a high office”.


The two-term former Governor while admitting that human institutions are not perfect, however stated that his prison experience exposed his other side.


Sule Lamido said that “it is difficult to share my prison experience with anyone because it’s not like hunger or something tangible. You have to be in there to feel what I went through with my children”.


Lamido stressed that ” yes, people hate me because of I am outspoken, I want to make it clear that Nigeria remains my country, there is no way I can run away to another country and even at that,where do I go?”


The former Governor expressed his gratitude to the judiciary to have recognised his personality as he stressed that the gesture has restored confidence in the polity.


He however declared his readiness to clear his name of financial impropriety during the trial proper, adding that he was confident to walk out of it unscathed.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too