Thursday, July 23, 2015

I Won"t Treat Everyone Equally - Buhari confesses

President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed the unbelievable during his few days visit to the United State of America.


During a question and answer session, Buhari was asked by one Dr. Paulin Baker on how he intended to deal with the bunkering and inclusive government in Niger Delta. Responding to the question, Buhari said he cannot treat Nigerians who gave him more votes the same way he would treat those who gave him less votes during the last presidential election.


Buhari said “I hope you have a copy of the election result? Literally, constituencies, for example that gave me 97 percent cannot, in all honesty, be treated, on some issues with constituencies that gave me 5 percent. I think these are political realities.


“While certainly there will be justice, for everybody, everybody will regain his constitutional right, the parties in constituencies, either by hard work, they make sure they got their people to vote and to ensure that their votes count, they must feel that the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place, i think this really fair.


“By the constitution, no state can be excluded from the government. So there is no way, even if i want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn’t vote for me, they have protection of the government.


“I have made an undertaking that i belong to everybody and i belong to nobody. If i come clearly and show and marginalize a certain group because they didn’t vote for me, i have already contradicted myself and i am sure people will be too quick to pick that against me”


The explanation of the statement above clearly state that those in the South, particularly in the Eastern part of Nigeria and South South will only gain protection from the government and won’t expect any inclusion in Buhari led-government.


Nigerians had express disappointment over the recent appointments by the President as the vital positions are giving to the northerners while some regions have given up on chances be appointed or agitating for one.




I Won"t Treat Everyone Equally - Buhari confesses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too