Thursday, October 9, 2014

I"m addicted to alcohol and sick - Governor Suntai confesses

By Channels Tv


Sick Taraba State Governor, Danbaba Suntai, has said he is very sick and is not fit to return as governor of the state.



Suntai Governor Suntai


Suntai, who is recovering from a severe injury sustained from a plane crash, also expressed worry at his excessive intake of alcohol.


In a secret recording by Channels TV, Suntai, whose speech was slurred, appears not too coherent, and says he is addicted to alcohol.


Although it was not clear who was enabling his addiction, some of those seated around him appeared not to care about his worry.


His wife has been accused of being selfish, power hungry and enabler of his addiction.


Below is the transcript:


CHANNELS: I am happy to meet you Your Excellency


SUNTAI: I am happy to receive you, and I believe my governor has received you before me.


CHANNELS: What will be your message to Nigerians?


SUNTAI: If they can put all those things aside and attend to God, because God did not like what we are doing, but we are still doing it. God does not permit us to do bad deeds, but it is unfortunate that we decided to listen to the devil in this case. it is very unfortunate that I am addicted to alcohol (too much drinking of beer)


CHANNELS: Are you well enough to return to your office for the position of the executive governor of Taraba state?


SUNTAI: Well I can tell you it is well with me to return to my office simply because I want you to support me. But you know the truth I am not well at all to return to my office, as I am now.


CHANNELS: But with time will you pick up and be able to discharge your duties?


SUNTAI: I know that I will pick up with time and be able to discharge my duties, but that will take some time. And I promise never to misbehave again.


CHANNELS: Finally, what will be your message to the people of Taraba State?


SUNTAI: Let them try to live according to the laws of God and that will definitely give them a very exciting life on this earth. But if you go outside from God’s laws you will just destroy yourself, and this is what is happening to me. Drinking of alcohol is not a good thing at all.




Viewed 1 times
I"m addicted to alcohol and sick - Governor Suntai confesses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too