Showing posts with label Ben Bruce. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Ben Bruce. Show all posts

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I didn’t snub D’banj at Ben Bruce’s birthday – Don Jazzy

Don Jazzy has said he didn’t snub D’banj at Senator Ben Murray Bruce’s 60th birthday as speculated by many.


The thought that D’banj had been snubbed by his former partner and producer was fueled on Saturday at Ben Bruce’s birthday and book launch when Don Jazzy didn’t come on stage when he was invited by D’banj on stage.


D’banj had invited Don Jazzy to join him on the stage at the request of the celebrant who said his birthday wish was for the duo to perform together.


In a tweet, Don Jazzy said as of the time he was being invited to the stage, he had already left the event venue and that he had already announced his retirement as an artiste.





I didn’t snub D’banj at Ben Bruce’s birthday – Don Jazzy

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Ben Bruce, Rotimi Amaechi fight dirty on twitter

Written by Sani Tukur, PT.


The Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, and a serving Senator, Ben Bruce, on Sunday engaged in a twitter fight over the activities of the current government.


Ben Bruce
Ben Bruce

The fight was set off by a tweet posted by a popular tweeter user, Japhet Omojuwa, who tweeted that Ben Bruce should not be taken seriously.


“The reason I will NEVER take people like Ben Bruce serious is because when they saw a leader (GEJ) do wrong, they kept quiet. Don’t be Bruce,” he said.


Responding, the Bayelsa Senator chose to use the recent comments credited to President Muhammadu Buhari that some Nigerians are giving the country a bad image by engaging in nefarious activities around the world.


While condemning the president’s comments, Mr. Bruce wrote on his twitter page that “Your own minister spent ₦80 million on a one day dinner, yet it is your citizens you accuse of being criminals #IAmANigerianNotACriminal”.


The tweet seemed apparently targeted at Mr. Amaechi whose administration was accused of spending N80 million to organised a dinner for Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka.


Apparently sensing the jibe thrown at him by the Senator, Mr.  Amaechi wasted no time in responding to Mr. Bruce; accusing him of being a coward.


“A coward who is not bold enough to name the minister that he alleged criminally spent N80M on dinner is unfit to sit in our senate chambers,” he said.


Mr. Amaechi’s spokesperson, David Iyofor, Sunday confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that the twitter handle used in responding to Mr. Murray-Bruce (@ChibuikeAmaechi) belongs to the Minister of Transport.


He also said the Minister’s response was triggered by Mr. Bruce.


The Senator responded to Mr. Amaechi by referring to the recent Supreme Court judgment that upheld the election of Nyesom Wike as governor, thereby, stifling the hope of the APC candidate and Mr. Amaechi’s ally, Dakuku Peterside.


He posted another tweet on his handle @benmurraybruce saying, “When you have been Wike’d, you become wicked! But you will always be my beloved brother, no matter how much you transfer the anger on me.”


The Transport Minister reacted by accusing the Bayelsa Senator of only finding his voice on twitter while he is hardly seen contributing to debates in the Senate.


“I will not respond to innuendos. Be courageous, name the minister. We know you talk here & do ‘siddon’ look where you are elected to talk,” he said.


 



Ben Bruce, Rotimi Amaechi fight dirty on twitter

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Bayelsa Killings : Ben Bruce vows to drag perpetrators to ICC

By Abiodun Alade


The lawmaker representing Bayelsa East Senatorial District, Ben Murray Bruce, has vowed to drag perpetrators of violence during the Bayelsa governorship election that led to the death of at least four peoples to the International Criminal Court, Hague, stressing that citizens have a right to vote for any candidate of their choice in any election without coercion or intimidation.


Ben Bruce
Ben Bruce

The senator elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, made this known in a statement following the ugly development of violence, abduction and killing that characterised the election in Bayelsa, especially in Southern Ijaw local government area, which led to the declaration of the poll inconclusive by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.


“I wish to state categorically that any further killing in Bayelsa state as a result of the ongoing election wherein the law enforcement agents are watching, or the leaders of the political parties seems to have instigated such killing, I will personally ensure that they are charged for murder. If Government fails to prosecute them, I will drag them before the International Criminal Court in the Hague for crimes against humanity,” he said.


The chairman of the Senate Committee on Privatization, berated security operatives for failing to protect electorates from attacks by political thugs and criminals.


“I have observed with dismay and sadness the killings in Bayelsa State in the ongoing governorship election. The military and the Police have been seen to watch with indifference while thugs and criminals kill law abiding citizens who were out to perform their franchise. So far about four people have been reported killed, many injured including corps members serving as adhoc staff to the INEC”.


“Citizens have a right to vote for any candidate of their choice in any election without coercion or intimidation. And it is the responsibility of the government to protect these citizens as enshrined in our Constitution. But it is sad to note that these defenseless citizens were killed without been protected by the law enforcement Agents even when they were watching”.


He called on the people of the state to be vigilant and law abiding as they await a new date for .


“I therefore advice the good people of Bayelsa to be vigilant. Where there is any killing they must ensure that they can identify those responsible either by omission or commission. I also advice them to be law abiding”.


“When a new date is set by INEC for elections to hold in Ijaw South , those affected should quietly go to their designated polling booths and cast their votes. No body should allow him or herself to be used to perpetrate violence in Bayelsa State. Enough is enough”.



Bayelsa Killings : Ben Bruce vows to drag perpetrators to ICC

Friday, June 19, 2015

Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan

THE lawmaker representing Bayelsa East Senatorial District, Senator Ben Murray Bruce, has said that in the spirit of the month of Ramadan observed by Muslim faithfuls, he will not respond to critics over his decision to donate half of his wardrobe allowance to the unpaid workers in Osun state.


Ben Bruce

Ben Bruce


“I’ll take whatever attacks come my way but nothing & nobody can dissuade me from doing what my conscience directs in helping my fellow man.



The month of Ramadan is here. Many unpaid workers will fast. With what will they break their fast? I thought of that and it moved me to act.


I may not be a Muslim, but I respect Islam and I believe that it is wrong for me to respond to any attack during the Holy month of Ramadan.


I wish the Muslim Ummah a successful fast. Please pray for God’s intervention in Nigeria so that peace may return. Ramadan Kareem, ” he posted on twitter.


It will be recalled that the Rauf Aregbesola government which has been unable to pay public workers in the state for more than seven months ridiculed the gesture of the lawmaker, describing it as a mockery of Nigerian workers.


On Wednesday, The Senator said “I, Ben Murray Bruce, will not sit down idly, while my fellow citizens die because salaries have not been paid. As a first step, I am immediately donating my wardrobe allowance to unpaid workers in Osun State and widows in my Constituency. We are starting in Osun, but we will not end there. I will do as much to help workers who’ve not been paid in other states.”


But in a swift reaction, the Osun State government lampooned the lawmaker , saying he was playing to the gallery just as he said he (Murray-Bruce) was trivialising the issue.




Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan