Monday, April 25, 2016

Ize-Iyamu vs other candidates: Consensus candidacy not feasible - Onaiwu

  • Ize-Iyamu Media committee Chairman allegedly dump boss

By Ehi Ekhator


One of the governorship aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo State, Earl Osaro Onaiwu has bestowed upon himself the only candidate worthy of anointment if need be.


Osagie Ize-Iyamu
Osagie Ize-Iyamu

Onaiwu claimed that he was the only person that can win the governorship election for PDP in the state because of his sound background.


He berated one of the major contenders of the party, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu for making a certain statement to run other aspirants down.


Onaiwu said Pastor Ize-Iyamu only saw something wrong with Oshiomhole now after keeping mute when the governor insulted Chief Tony Anenih and Chief Lucky Igbinedion.


The aspirant advised the Pastor to sort his personal problems with the governor, Adams Oshiomhole instead of looking for ways to drag them into the fracas.


Onaiwu said ” If there is anybody that will be anointed, it is me. If there is anybody that can win the election for PDP, I am the one because I come from a sound background. I am the DG, PDP Governors Forum and I am very optimistic that the PDP governors will back me. I have been in PDP since 1999. I have never defected. I am working hard. I am in the field because I don’t want anybody to feel that the PDP governors want to impose me, no. I am touching the grassroots, I am everywhere and I will continue to work until the day of the primary.


We need to breathe a fresh air in PDP, we don’t want a candidate in PDP that everybody in the opposition will attack. People carrying the rumour that one person has been anointed that is not true.


Bombarding Pastor Ize-Iyamu, Onaiwu said “Why did you not remain with Oshiomhole? You were there when Oshiomhole insulted Anenih, you were there when Oshiomhole insulted Lucky Igbinedion and others, and you did not say anything. Is it now that you saw something wrong in Oshiomhole? You cannot take us to fight a personal quarrel with Oshiomhole. If you have issues with him, sort it out and leave the party out of it.


Onaiwu revealed that Consensus candidacy as suggested by some leadership of the party is no longer feasible, adding that all the candidates are going to the primary in the belief that it will be transparent. He assured that other candidates will throw weight on the emerging candidate only if it was transparent.


“Consensus candidacy is no longer on the cards. A few people believed we should adopt a candidate but we said no, we are going to go for a transparent primary. If we don’t do that, PDP will have a big problem in Edo. Go and defeat me in a transparent primary, let the delegates go and speak their minds. When you do that and I am defeated, I will celebrate whoever emerges. But when you manipulate,  there will be problem”


NAIJA CENTER NEWS had reported on Saturday that there was a gang-up ongoing against the Pastor who the other aspirants claimed is big headed. It was gathered that other aspirants are secretly meeting to strategise without inviting the Pastor.


Responding to the consensus claimed by Onaiwu, a source who spoke with our correspondent said “I told you (NCN) of a possible gang up. Didn’t I? The other three will soon reach a consensus. They have gone far and I do not see them stopping except something else comes up.  It is game over for Pastor”


However, NAIJA CENTER NEWS has gathered that there may be a problem in Pastor Ize-Iyamu’s media camp as the Media committee Chairman has dumped his boss for another.



Ize-Iyamu vs other candidates: Consensus candidacy not feasible - Onaiwu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too