Sunday, February 21, 2016

Edo 2016: Is anyone stepping down for me? - Don Pedro Obaseki

A member of the All Progressives Congress, an aspirant of the 2016 governorship election in Edo State, Dr. Don Pedro Obaseki has said he will not step down for anyone.


Don Pedro Obaseki
Don Pedro Obaseki

Speaking with NAIJA CENTER NEWS, Don Pedro said he was running for the people and running to win.


His response was as a result of the speculation in some quarters, that one of the aspirants, Barrister Osarodion Ogie has stepped down for Dr. Godwin Obaseki who is a cousin to Don Pedro.


Godwin Obaseki is speculated to be supported by the Edo State governor, Adams Oshiomhole and the APC. However, the moves by other aspirants to challenge the decision of the party and that of the governor have continued to create internal division in the party.


Responding to the speculation, Don Pedro said “Is any one stepping down for me? I’m not running for or because of anyone person. I’m running for my people. I’m running to win.


The Nollywood Director who said he was flagging off his campaign on Sunday (today) vowed to keep every promises he made during campaign if he emerged as the governor, contrary to the believe by many Nigerians that politicians make promises they can’t keep.


He reminded that he was not a carrier politician. He said “My antecedents are clear. I’m NOT a career politician, who makes promises he can’t keep. I’m flagging off officially today.”


When asked if there were areas he thought the current governor did not perform, Don Obaseki said “I will leverage on Oshiomhole’s successes. I’m not running to run down Oshiomhole. He’s my party leader and sitting Governor. I’d described Comrade Oshiomhole as the “Moses of our time”. But I will be the JOSHUA to take Edo State to the Promised land. I will Heal our Land.


I don’t just crave CONTINUITY. Rather, I offer Smarter, Better CONTINUITY. All programmes that elevates the well being of the common man will be retained and enhanced. I’d called for Townhall sessions to properly locate and the needs of all Edo people.


 



Edo 2016: Is anyone stepping down for me? - Don Pedro Obaseki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too