Sunday, September 28, 2014

Why I Chose APC - Nollywood Actor, Desmond Elliot

  • …says acting will be on hold if he won

By Ehi Ekhator, Naija Center News.


Desmond Elliot Desmond Elliot


In this interview with NAIJA CENTER NEWS, the Nollywood actor, Olusola Desmond Elliot who is aspiring to contest in 2015 as a representative in the Lagos State house of Assembly, disclosed why he decided to venture into politics, why he chose APC and what his plans are if he won.


Naija Center: How long have you been nursing this ambition?


Desmond Elliot: For the longest about 8 years now, i have been involved in it with some government friends, i was waiting for the right time.


Naija Center: What inspired you to join politics?


Desmond Elliot: Inspiration is from the things around and the fact that you can do much better than what you see growth is change which must be dynamic. We don’t embrace it.


Naija Center: What do you intend to do when you are given the chance? Why should they send you after the disappointment from others?


Desmond Elliot: I intend to use cooperate so sponsorship and interfacing with the private sector in achieving my aim. Give funds is just not enough.


That’s where the problem has been, over reliance on govt funds to the public. And having relationships with d cooperate world by virtue of my profession, I can harness cooperate social responsibility. Remember am not running for governor but to represent my community at the house I can adequately harness, skill acquisition and youth tertiary education at the open university, get funds for them to start business from, Like PNG, Unilever, NBL etc who will be happy contributing their quota in to social development.


Work out soft loans for traders in the community with a bank I have good relationship with, having government funds as back up when there is a default. Important thing is to have a community that is running and funds in circulation, most important that the average person is affected positively just to mention a few, on they should send me or not, it’s left to the people. Mine is I dictate my intentions. I think it’s more about service, my target is the youths whom I think are still young and can approach life differently.


Naija Center: How do you plan to cope with acting and politics?


Desmond Elliot: WHEN I win sir, acting will be on hold, but at the house i willl fight for stiffer penalties for piracy and content control. Now u sound like a reporter.


Naija Center: How do you intend to cope with the system of sharing money to buy voters in Nigeria?


Desmond Elliot: Those who have the money should do what they please. I will just ask the voters to vote with their heart and not what they are receiving from people who only show up when it’s election time.


Naija Center: Did you choose APC because it’s the ruling party in Lagos State?


APC is about change and has a reach to the grass roots.. It’s a growing party because of the merger and I want to be a player in that merge. It’s young and easier for the youths to have a stake in its growth. Its leaders are pro youth dynamic and true to its words PROGRESSIVE



Viewed 1 times
Why I Chose APC - Nollywood Actor, Desmond Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your response, there are other interesting news on the page too