Showing posts with label Nigeria police. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Nigeria police. Show all posts

Friday, August 7, 2015

Militancy: British security arrives Nigeria to train policemen nationwide

Some British security experts have arrived the country to provide expertise training for men and officers of the Nigeria Police Force across the country.


Police Inspector General, Solomon Arase

Police Inspector General, Solomon Arase


Speaking at the opening ceremony on the Special Weapon and Arms Training (SWAT) for the first batch of policemen at the Mobile Police Training College, Ila-Orangun, Osun State, the college’s commandant, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Dankwara Mohammed, said the programme was timely, particularly with the Muhammadu Buhari administration renewed effort to put total end to the Boko Haram insurgency and other insecurity challenges facing the nation.


He said the force was collaborating with the foreign security experts under the aegis of IBT Associates Limited, a consultancy firm, which is  in  partnership with Field Security Services.


Mohammed further said the special training programme, which would hold in batches, was designed for  all the men and officers, cutting across the rank and file of the force.


He said the training would comprise a combined unit of counter-terrorism, the close protection unit and the anti-bomb, among others.


He praised  the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Solomon Arase, for the initiative which, he said, would upgrade men and officers of the force.


He said the training, no doubt, would reposition the force to tackle rising crimes in the country and make its men be in control to crack the Boko Haram insurgents, kidnappers, armed robbers and other violent criminals in the country.


He said:“The SWAT is a programme for most responsive action initiated by the British and American police. The Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, considered it necessary to upgrade the combat readiness initiative for the members of the force.”


Mohammed said the training programme would take four weeks for each batch of participants, adding that the first batch had been inaugurated on July 29.


The commandant advised the participants to take the programme serious for effective result, warning them against malingering and to obey the college rules and to maintain discipline throughout the duration of the programme.


He urged them to consider themselves lucky and privileged as the elite of the Nigeria Police to be trained by the British police officers.


While speaking further on the nature of the programme, the commandant said: “As soon as members of the first squad who are currently in training finish the programme, another squad would fall in immediately. Each squad is traditionally 63 in number. It is a continuous training programme. Possibly, all the police officers from the rank of inspector will be trained. That is the target of the IGP.”



Militancy: British security arrives Nigeria to train policemen nationwide

Monday, May 5, 2014

Naomi, Chibok proteter, not arrested nor detained - Nigeria Police

By Ehi Ekhator


Media had earlier reported that the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan had ordered the arrest of a protester, Mrs. Nyadar Naomi Mutah, who led angry protesters to the National Assembly over the 234 abducted students of Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State.


The First had, through her Media Assistant, Ayo Adewumi denied the accusation, saying that Mrs. Jonathan did not order the arrest of anyone, before and after the meeting.


The information also revealed that Naomi impersonated in the meeting by using someone’e else’s name and pretending to be one of the mothers of the abducted girls.


READ HERE: First Lady denies ordering the arrest of protest leader


The Nigeria Police Force in their part has released a statement debunking the wide spread speculation that the protester was arrested.


According to the statement, Naomi was invited to the station as part of measures to find out useful information that could help the securities in the investigation at rescuing the abducted students of the Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State.


The statement reads:  “As part of measures geared towards eliciting useful information that could help security agents in the ongoing effort at finding and rescuing female students recently abducted by terrorists, suspected to be Boko-Haram, in Chibok, Borno State, Police Operatives this morning, 05/05/2014 invited one Mrs Nyadar Naomi Mutah, a native of Chibok and Deputy Director at the National Directorate of Employment, Abuja.


“It was purely an interactive and fact finding interview. Mrs Nyadar cooperated with the Police in the course of the interview and was immediately allowed to return home to her loved ones. She was never arrested nor detained as being wrongly speculated in some quarters.


“Meanwhile, the Police and other security agencies are leaving no stone unturned at ensuring that the abducted school children are rescued.  “



Naomi, Chibok proteter, not arrested nor detained - Nigeria Police